Need a haulage insurance policy for your business? ISIS is a specialist broker for HGV and lorry owners or operators.
ISIS offer haulage insurance designed to fit around your business
We want to remove the stress of buying your haulage insurance policy. For Feefo 5 star service, as rated by our clients, pick up the phone now. You could be on cover within 20 minutes.
What is haulage insurance?
Haulage insurance is designed to protect your vehicle and your business when you carry customers goods. It must be arranged to reflect your particular needs.
Depending on the haulage insurance cover you arrange, it should protect you when you are carrying goods ‘for hire and reward’ on behalf of your customers. The size of the vehicle whch you operate is also important as vehicles under 3.5 tonnes may need LGV haulage cover, whilst those over that limit may require HGV haulage cover.
“We have used ISIS for all our business insurance needs for the past year including renewal this year and highly recommend them. We have always found them helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. We are always confident that they have achieved the best price and cover for our business needs”
What other policies should I consider when buying haulage insurance?
There are a wide variety of haulage insurers and the haulage insurance cover they offer can vary significantly. However, here are some examples of other insurance you may need or wish to consider:
- Basic, 3rd party cover is required by law, of course. But this may not be sufficent to protect your vehicle. You may wish to consider comprehensive cover to ensure your vehicle is adequately protected.
- If you have drivers working for you, even if only casually, by law you are required to arrange employers’ liability insurance.
- You’re delivering goods and there can be hazards even when your lorry is parked up. If an accident happened when unloading and a passing member of the public were injured, you could face costly legal bills as well as have to payout compensation. For this reason, you should consider arranging public liability insurance, too.
- Goods in transit insurance will provide cover for the repair or replacement of customers goods you may be carrying if they are damaged or stolen. This cover may be a contractual requirement by your customers.
- Breakdown cover is often arranged to provide roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown.
No matter what you need from your haulage insurance, ISIS is here to help you find the haulage insurance that suits your individual needs.
Who needs haulage insurance?
In general, any individual or business which owns or operates a small or large HGV carrying customers goods will need haulage insurance.
There are a number of considerations, examples being the size and number of vehicles that you operate, the volume of haulage deliveries that you carry out in a normal working day and whether you operate in the UK only, or travel into the EU.
It is vitally important to ensure that the haulage insurance cover that you arrange takes into account your specific business needs to make sure that you are correctly covered when the unexpected happens
Other motor trade insurance products from Isis Insurance
Isis Insurance are specialist HGV Insurance brokers. Your single vehicle or haulage fleet insurance could not be in better hands.
Goods in Transit
Protect the valuable goods you transport in the UK and Overseas with our bespoke goods in transit insurance policies.
Isis Insurance provide the full suite of business insurance policies, from sole traders, SMEs through to large multi-site businesses.
A breakdown can mean considerable time lost, money spent, and stress levels raised. Talk to us about our breakdown cover.